
What are you contributing to the process?
In our film, I have taken on the role as ‘director’. I am often shooting, or I am helping people film and showing them how to use the camera. I also made our groups storyboards and contributed to the script which has helped create a complete idea of what our finished film will look like. I am looking forward to helping with editing when we get to post-production. I love using iMovie, and it will be a great way to master my skills.
What skills have you acquired?
From working on this film, I have learned how to create different types of shots. Rather than just using simple still shots or zooms, my group and I have tried to use different movements of the camera. An example is we used wheelie chairs to ‘follow’ and we used POV shots with the Barbies. I also learned how to create a realistic and authentic set. Since all of the filming had to be done at school, we needed to create a child's bedroom from Ms. Gordon's office. We cornered off a section of her office and completely transformed it into a little girl's room. I learned that every little detail is important when it comes to a realistic set and that the smallest touches can make the greatest impact.
What do you still need to learn?
I still need to learn how to edit using different angles and shots. All the films I have made in the past have only had one type of shot making it very easy to put together to make the video flow. Since we have so many different types of shots and so much footage, I still have to learn how to cut down all of this footage, and put the shots together. This might be tricky since we have so many angles of the same thing. I need to perfect the editing process so that our movie can be perfect.
Mrs. G.